Communicate School is a family-run, British Council and Independent School Inspectorate accredited school in Manchester centre. The school opened in 2010 and has seen a gradual expansion over the last 7 years. In 2017 we welcomed over 800 students from 70 different countries.
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
Communicate School of English is looking for a School Manager.
This role is responsible for ensuring the highest levels of customer service; driving direct sales and managing enrolments and accommodation to ensure that the company strategic objectives are met.
A perfect candidate is a person who likes working in a busy environment, has a passion for helping business to grow and and is an efficient manager. Emotional intelligence, analytical thinking and excellent communication skills are key to the role, as well as is personal warmth and an ability to inspire confidence and respect.
- Everyday efficient managing of the front reception desk – ensure that excellent customer service is delivered to students, partners, contractors and agents in all aspects of their experience and decisions are made in line with Communicate School interests
- Supervise sales to direct students; drive and convert walk – in sales; follow up enquiries
- Organise recruitment of new acomodation providers and maintain good relationships with current ones; make sure the choice of accommodation we offer always meets student demand
- Supervise the provision of social activity programmes
- Regularly gather and act upon students and staff’s feedback
- Take an active part in preparations for the British Council inspection
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of students under 18
- Assist in language level assessment
- Supervise and motivate the front desk staff; ensure time is managed efficiently by staff
- Monitor online and face-to-face communication between the reception staff, students and agents
- Manage accommodation, supplies and student timetables in a cost-effective manner
- Ensure high standards of presentation are maintained throughout the building, communicate with the council and contractors when needed
- Continuously identify areas for improvement and implement them by setting up new systems for all the actions above to ensure the efficient working of the school
- Keep up to date with industry knowledge and use it in order to develop and improve the company
- Regularly report to the Director
- Assist in preparing content for leaflets, school blog and monthly newsletter
- Update and monitor school publicity online
- Assist in creating content and update social media
- Complete and update work records allowing continuous communication between staff
- Take part in emergency phone share
- Provide cover for absent administrative and management staff
Job requirements – essential
- A degree
- Experience in a customer-focused business
- Excellent understanding of customers’ needs and ability to customise information to the customer’s context
- Outstanding communication on all level
- Team leadership and people management skills
- Ability to predict problems and excellent problem-solving skills
- Open to new ideas and flexible, independent
- Reliable with a can-do attitude
- Excellent organisational skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to strengthen and motivate teams
- IT literate (Word, Excel, Google Drive)
- Proficient level of spoken and written English
Desired but not necessary
- A teaching qualification (CELTA or Trinity TESOL)
Competitive, based on experience. Full training will be provided.
Hours of work
The post is based on an average of 8 hours per day (between 8:45 and 18:00), Monday to Friday, although the nature of the role may occasionally require flexibility from the successful candidate; time in lieu will be given.
28 days per year (calculated pro rata) including all bank holidays.
An initial nine month contract from March 2018 with opportunities for career development and becoming permanent. Successful applicants must have a satisfactory CRB Enhanced Disclosure check. References will be followed-up.
How to apply
To be considered for this role email your CV and statement to Marza Mace email@example.com. In the statement please explain your interest and suitability for the role. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted directly.