Communicate School is a part of Malvern International Group with schools in Manchester, London, Brighton, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.
Communicate opened in 2010 in Manchester city centre and since then we have taught over 4000 students. Communicate provides English language courses to international students all year round. We are a dynamic, family-run company accredited by the British Council and member of English UK.
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
Full-time permanent position
Recruiting now – March/April 2019
This role is responsible for:
- Maintaining excellent relations and customer service with students and partners
- Managing the operations of the school and constantly implement improvements
- Supervising enrolments and direct sales
- Managing the reception team
Who is the role suitable for?
This role is suitable for a person with managerial experience within the education sector. Senior operational and teaching staff with relevant experience are welcome to apply. A perfect candidate has skills and experience in people and project management. Productivity, organisation and efficiency are key to this role, as is personal warmth, empathy and ability to inspire confidence and respect.
- Maintaining excellent relations and customer service
– ensure that excellent customer service is delivered to students, partners, contractors and agents in all aspects of their experience and that these decisions are made in line with Communicate School interests
– be a point of contact to students’ welfare needs; organise welfare student meetings
– liaise and build strong relationships with contractors, city council and accommodation providers; resolve any complaints
– promote and safeguard the welfare of students under 18; act as a Designated Safeguarding Lead
– assist in building relations with agents by taking part in some of the familiarisation meetings for agents
– regularly gather and act upon students’ feedback
- Managing the operations of the school
– constantly identify areas for improvement – in areas of administration, admissions, building management, customer service, welfare of students and general operations of the school; review the current operational systems and introduce new
– ensure a very high standard of presentation is maintained throughout the building and outside; organise repairs, communicate with contractors when needed
– manage resources and supplies in a cost-effective manner
– make sure the choice of accommodation we offer meets student demand
– supervise effective recruitment of host families
– supervise the provision of social activity programme and make sure it is well attended
– keep the administration handbook and student welfare related policies up to date
– ensure that the school complies with legislation, policies and British Council standards
– provide cover for absent administrative and management staff
– take part in emergency phone cover
– report to the Principal
- Supervising enrolments and course sales to direct students
– monitor sale enquiries between the Student Support team and students via inbound emails, online chat and walk-ins
– come up with solutions to any issues in order to drive and close sales to direct students
– follow up course enquiries from students and send offers when needed
– gather information on reasons why students choose Communicate School and act upon it to attract more students
– assist in gathering content for social media and monthly newsletter
– liaise closely with the Principal and sales team
- Managing the reception staff
– work with and supervise the Student Support Officers
– monitor online and face-to-face communication of the reception staff
– manage the front desk staff’s time in the most efficient way; distribute workload and ensure tasks are completed in timely manner
– assist in recruiting new staff and interns
– give appraisals
– organise cover for absent staff
– motivate staff and instigate a positive working environment that benefits the staff and the school
– keep a detailed record of any HR issues
– keep up to date with industry knowledge, find and attend relevant training
Job requirements – essential
– A BA degree
– Experience in a customer-focused business
– Project and people management experience
– Effective communication
– Team leadership and people management skills
– Problem-solving skills
– Taking initiative
– Organised, efficient and results focused
– Empathetic, has people skills
– Open to new ideas and flexible
– High attention to detail
– Supportive of school aims and top management
– Confident in IT – Word, Excel and Google Drive
– Excellent level of spoken and written English
An advantage but not necessary
– A teaching qualification (CELTA or DELTA)
– Speaks other languages
– Experience in sales or marketing
Competitive, based on experience. Training will be provided.
Hours of work
40 working hours per week from Monday to Friday, although the nature of the role may occasionally require flexibility from the successful candidate; time in lieu will be given.
Permanent contract. Successful applicants must have a satisfactory CRB Enhanced Disclosure check. References will be followed-up and gaps in the CV investigated.
How to apply
Please email your CV and cover letter to Marza Mace – firstname.lastname@example.org. In the statement please include information about your availability to start. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted directly.
Full-time permanent position
Recruiting now – April 2019
This position is suitable for a person who enjoys working with international students, has advanced level of English and knows at least one other language. Ideal candidate will have customer service, administration and sales experience, will be responsible and organised with high attention to detail.
– University degree
– Advanced level of spoken and written English
– Advanced spoken and written command of another language
– Customer service and sales experience
Principal duties & responsibilities:
o To be the first point of contact for all students in school at the reception and for any incoming telephone calls
o To help students with queries and questions regarding their everyday needs whilst enrolled at the school
o To welcome and deal with any “walk-in” student or agent enquiries or visits and conducting pre-arranged site visits by agents, students or parents
o To manage the collection of completed paperwork and documentation involved in new arrival inductions eg. checking students’ passports and visas etc.
o To answer emails giving clear and thorough information
o To manage and book all school transport eg. weekly airport taxi transfers
o To take a regular turn on the weekend “emergency on call rota” (2 weekends per month)
o To report to the school management
o To maintain and safeguard staff and student files
o To follow up on new prospective host family enquiries, chasing and collecting completed paperwork and certificates from hosts etc. To visit potential host families
o To organise accommodation for students
o To keep the school and reception areas tidy
o Any other administrative or other general tasks
Skills & Personal Qualities Required:
- Methodical and systematic approach to routine; an eye for detail
- Responsible, organised and thorough approach to work
- Excellent communicator and a personable colleague with the ability to deliver outstanding customer service
- Microsoft Office literate
- An ability to empathise with our international students living away from home and in a different culture and climate
Conditions of Employment:
Permanent contract; the usual working hours are 8 working hours per day, Monday to Friday between 8:30 am and 6:15 pm.
The rate of pay will depend on experience.
- References will be checked and gaps in CVs will be investigated.
- Proof of qualifications and identity will be checked
- Specific questions will be asked relevant to the Safeguarding Policy.
- Reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason that they should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18.
- DBS check will be required prior to confirmation of appointment; administrative costs must be covered by the candidate.
In order to apply please email a cover letter and your CV to Marza Mace email@example.com