Communicate School is a family-run, British Council and Independent School Inspectorate accredited school in Manchester centre. The school opened in 2010 and has seen a gradual expansion over the last 7 years. In 2017 we welcomed over 800 students from 70 different countries.
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
Full-time Summer position – from 17th June – 30th August
Application deadline: 25th May 2019
Communicate School of English is looking for a Student Support Officer to work during Summer.
This position is suitable for a person who enjoys working with international students, has advanced level of English and knows at least one other language. Ideal candidate will have customer service, administration and sales experience, will be responsible and organised with high attention to detail.
– University degree
– Advanced level of spoken and written English
– Advanced spoken and written command of another language
– Customer service and sales experience
Principal duties & responsibilities:
o To be the first point of contact for all students in school at the reception and for any incoming telephone calls
o To help students with queries and questions regarding their everyday needs whilst enrolled at the school
o To welcome and deal with any “walk-in” student or agent enquiries or visits and conducting pre-arranged site visits by agents, students or parents
o To manage the collection of completed paperwork and documentation involved in new arrival inductions eg. checking students’ passports and visas etc.
o To answer emails giving clear and thorough information
o To manage and book all school transport eg. weekly airport taxi transfers
o To take a regular turn on the weekend “emergency on call rota” (2 weekends per month)
o To report to the school management
o To maintain and safeguard staff and student files
o To follow up on new prospective host family enquiries, chasing and collecting completed paperwork and certificates from hosts etc. To visit potential host families
o To organise accommodation for students
o To keep the school and reception areas tidy
o Any other administrative or other general tasks
Skills & Personal Qualities Required:
- Methodical and systematic approach to routine; an eye for detail
- Responsible, organised and thorough approach to work
- Excellent communicator and a personable colleague with the ability to deliver outstanding customer service
- Microsoft Office literate
- An ability to empathise with our international students living away from home and in a different culture and climate
Conditions of Employment:
Contract from 17th June 2019 until 31th August 2019; the usual working hours are 8 working hours per day, Monday to Friday between 8:30 am and 6:15 pm.
The rate of pay will depend on experience.
- References will be checked and gaps in CVs will be investigated.
- Proof of qualifications and identity will be checked
- Specific questions will be asked relevant to the Safeguarding Policy.
- Reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason that they should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18.
- DBS check will be required prior to confirmation of appointment; administrative costs must be covered by the candidate.
In order to apply please email a cover letter and your CV to Marza Mace email@example.com by 25th May 2019.