The CLIL course is for teachers of subjects such as maths, history, geography and other who aim to teach their subject through English language.
Communicate School works in partnership with Erasmus plus programme.
- Improve your general English skills
- Get introduced to key concepts of CLIL
- Plan and adapt your resources to teach a CLIL lesson
- Enhance your school profile; prepare for internationalisation
- Diversify methods of classroom teaching and learning
- Boost your students’ motivation
- Teachers in primary, secondary and further education
- Teachers of most subjects but not language teachers
Start any Monday
Course format - 24 lessons / week. 1 lesson is 50 min.
General English and Conversation – 18 lessons / week
CLIL – 6 lessons /week
1 lesson is 50 min.
Minimum level of English
Course price - 2 weeks
1 week – £430; 2 weeks – £860
Registration fee – £50
Included in the course
Weekday social activities and materials (£35 refundable deposit may be required)
Participants will improve their knowledge of General Englsih and the principles of CLIL. They will be able to apply this knowledge to their subject classes and teach a CLIL lesson using diverse methods of teaching and learning.
- The above are example timetables and the exact times of classes may differ depending on student’s level of English.
- General English classes are in groups of students of different ages and professions, minimum age is 16 (groups are 6-15 students). CLIL workshops are participated by teachers only (groups are up to 8 students) and they can also be one-to one lessons.
- The content of the course comprises example topics and it may change after the needs assessment in order to tailor it to the students needs
- If your level of English is lower than B1, you will not be able to fully benefit from the course, therefore, Communicate School reserves the right to switch your course to General English. The price for the course will stay the same.