Communicate School is a family-run, British Council accredited school in Manchester centre. The school opened in 2010 and has seen a gradual expansion over the last 8 years. In 2018 we welcomed over 700 students from 70 different countries.
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
Full-time position and part-time position
We’re looking for:
- a full time English (EFL) teacher, to work from Monday to Friday, 25 hours per week and
- a part-time teacher either for 2 evenings per week or for ad-hoc cover classes during the day
You will teach General English and/or exam preparation classes mainly to groups of international students.
- Friendly, supportive atmosphere in a family-run company
- Good rates of pay (depends on experience and qualification)
- Regular CPD in-house training and development opportunities
- 28 days of paid holidays per year for a full-time teacher
Applicants must (essential requirements):
– have a Degree (min. BA/BSc)
– have minimum a CELTA qualification (or equivalent e.g. EDI cert TEFL or Trinity TESOL) but DELTA is preferred
– currently live within a travelling distance from Manchester centre
– have a satisfactory DBS check before the job commences
Experience of teaching Cambridge exam classes (TOEIC/IELTS/CAE/FCE) is an advantage.
Ideally you will:
- have a sociable and adaptable personality
- have a high degree of self-motivation and planning
- work well using your own initiative and as part of a team
- be results orientated
- have a personal ambition to perform to a high professional standard
- be progress and performance oriented
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please state your availability and the position you are applying for (full-time or part-time). Candidates who applied in the past are welcome to reapply. Many thanks.
* References will be checked and gaps in CVs will be investigated
* Proof of qualifications and identity will be checked
* Specific questions will be asked relevant to the Safeguarding Policy
* Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment. Proof of qualifications and certificates must be seen at the interview stage. Applicants must have proof of right to work in the UK.
We are looking for a talented, experienced and enthusiastic DOS.
The ideal candidate will be an inspiring teacher, with excellent coordination skills, as well as an entrepreneurial instinct. This is a development opportunity for someone wishing to progress to a more senior management role or for an experienced DOS looking for new opportunities.
– To support the Director and School Manager in the overall management of the centre
– Monitor and manage systems, processes and policies in accordance with British Council requirements and general laws in the UK. Manage preparations for the British Council inspection that will take place in October 2018.
– Support teachers, ensure that their performance is of the highest possible standard
– Conduct lesson observations and teachers’ annual appraisals
– Ensure that high quality programme is delivered, following the centre guidelines and syllabus closely
– Conduct monthly staff training sessions
– Assist in producing and updating course programmes for current and new courses
– Assess and test new students
– Continuously work on quality assurance; organise and analyse student questionnaires
– Deal with students’ requests and complaints
– Create weekly timetable maximizing efficient class-fill
– Ensure that all Communicate School’s policies are implemented and adhered to by all staff at all times
– Monitor and be responsible for academic resources and equipment
– Interview new teachers, continue creating a positive and enthusiastic team
– Teach about 5 hours per week: cover teachers e.g. teacher absence / sickness/ insufficient student numbers or occasionally teach specialist courses, eg. teacher courses – CLIL, methodology, etc.
– Attend training courses and TEFL conferences
At least three years’ teaching experience with evidence of meeting student needs and employer expectations
Experience of academic management at Coordinator level in a British Council accredited centre
Experience in materials development and coordination
Experience in training, mentoring and managing teachers
Experience in managing quality in accordance with corporate quality assurance frameworks
Proven ability in the following: syllabus design, teacher timetabling, class scheduling, course planning, using technology in the classroom, teacher observations, teacher training, line management and professional development of teachers.
Cambridge ESOL DELTA or recognised equivalent
Qualification in ELT management or Masters level qualification in relevant subject
* References will be checked and gaps in CVs will be investigated.
* Proof of qualifications and identity will be checked
* Specific questions will be asked relevant to the Safeguarding Policy (DBS check required)
* Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
* Proof of qualifications and certificates must be seen at the interview stage. Applicants must have proof of right to work in the UK.
You will work in a friendly family-run school. We can offer supportive atmosphere and opportunities for development and career advancement.
The job can commence asap.
Competitive salary – depends on experience.
Full time contract, includes 28 days of holidays and pension scheme.
Please send your CV and cover letter to Marza – firstname.lastname@example.org.