This course is for students who are planning to continue their studies at a university in the UK.
What will I study?
You will improve your fluency, accuracy and knowledge of Social and Academic English by studying a combination of the following:
- Qualified, professional and friendly teachers.
- Regular assessment in the form of homework, tutorials and in-class testing.
- Personal academic guidance from our Academic Management team.
- Good quality classroom materials along with the use of computers in the study room and access to independent learning materials.
- The chance to develop your independent study skills to prepare you for life in university, college or the workplace.
- improve your grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and skills such as reading, listening writing and speaking in our dynamic general English classes.
IELTS exam preparation:
You will have the opportunity to study exam strategies.
English for University:
You will improve your level of Academic English in preparation for studying at university in the UK. Classes include the following modules:
1. Academic Language and Grammar
2. Academic Writing
3. Avoiding Common Errors
4. Critical thinking
5. Academic Listening
6. Plagiarism, Referencing and Bibliographies
7. Punctuation and proofreading
8. Academic Reading
10. Seminar Skills (Academic Speaking)
11. The language of Essays
12. Presentation Skills
Special classes (optional):
You will benefit from tailor-made classes to help you increase your fluency as well as learning about a wide range of topics connected with English and the UK. Topics include: British Culture; Everyday/Colloquial English; Idioms; Pronunciation; Project work; etc.
NB. There is a minimum level requirement for Exam preparation, English for University and Special Classes. Students below B1 level will receive private one-to-one classes or extra General English classes to build up their level before joining the rest of the Academic Year programme. This course is subject to minimum number of students – 3. Standard course – 18 lessons / week or intensive 24 lessons / week.
“I acquired many useful skills that I can use during my studies at university.”